Friday, July 6, 2012

No. 3

Here's an update on how things are going with my bead challenge. It's been a couple of weeks but I am happy to say, challenge #3 is done!!!

Karalee from iFrogCrafts suggested  "frogs".  No problem. I happen to like frogs. And toads.  Now, I know some people don't.  I have a neighbor who avoids them at any cost.  But not me.  It's not unusual to see me outside trying to catch them with my kids.  Especially the green tree frogs that stick to my windows, attracted to the bugs flying around the lights.

Now I have a little experience in making frogs out of polymer clay.  You see, my brother-in-law likes tree frogs.  A few years ago he asked me to make a necklace for him to give to my Mom.  Well, I did. It had about 5 little colorful frogs on it, I think.  She wore that necklace one day to a chiropractor appointment and the doctor bought it right off of her neck!  Which reminds me, I owe her a new necklace because she gave me the money!  And something else I did involving frogs was a vase.  Here's the link to take you to that picture. http://www.flickr.com/photos/flowertownoriginals/5832573870/in/photostream  This vase now sits in said brother-in-law's home.

So, back to my new frog project.  I decided to make just one frog and I wanted to make it as realistic as I could.   It turned out bigger than the ones I made for my Mom, but I think it turned out better.  I guess the old saying is true, practice makes perfect.  Not that my frog is perfect, far from it,but it is pretty darn cute!  So what do you think? I know, this is a bead challenge and this isn't exactly a bead.  But he can be hung on a necklace and I did make coordinating beads to go with it.  So I think this qualifies. Right?



















This baby tree frog, along with 100s more, emerged from my defunct backyard pool.
And yes, that is me holding him!


My next challenge is dolphins.  I have no idea where this may lead.  So be on the look out.  I'm sure it will be fun.  Hmmm.......dolphins......








4 comments:

  1. That frog is darling AND - yes, I agree, it qualifies as a bead, or part of a bead set! Well done, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, you wouldn't believe how long it took me to get these done!

      Delete
  2. Way to rise to the challenge! Great job!!! <><

    ReplyDelete

Embossing Folders and Polymer Clay Buttons

I have been so busy with some big (well, big for me anyway) custom orders the past few weeks that I haven't had time to play. But all of...