Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Stroll

Here it is, Sunday afternoon.  This week I took a break from my normal spot in my studio, aka the dining room, and did some things around the house.  My backyard was beginning to look a little over grown.  And with the addition to the heat and mosquitoes one might think they had wandered into an Amazon rain forest!  A snapped a few pictures and decided to share them with you today.  So come take a Sunday afternoon stroll with me in my yard.

I don't know who planted these gladiolus but they bloom every summer.  I like their cool frosted apricot color.



And speaking of color, just look at the purple on this hydrangea!  When I was a little girl I used to love to put milk on my blackberries and squish them until the milk turned purple!  That's what the color of these flowers reminds me of.



One of my favorite flowers is portulaca.  They seem to thrive in the heat.  And their seeds spread everywhere so you never know where they might come up.







These yellow 4 o'clocks smell so sweet.  Their perfume fills the air in my backyard.  But they only bloom in the late afternoon, hence the name!






Well, hello there garden spider.  I sure wish you would catch some of these dang mosquitoes in that web of yours!







Here's another sweet smelling flower, confederate jasmine.  Hey, I'm southern you know.






I love the hot colors of this lantana.  And so do the bees and butterflies.  I even see hummingbirds drawn to these flowers sometimes.







My pineapple is getting bigger. I can't wait until its ready to eat!









We had quite a bit of rain for a few days and it seemed this mushroom popped up overnight.  I can just imagine a garden fairy sitting underneath, using it as an umbrella!



Well that concludes the tour.  I hope you take time out of your busy day to enjoy the outdoors.  And stop and smell the flowers, because life is too short!


1 comment:

Embossing Folders and Polymer Clay Buttons

I have been so busy with some big (well, big for me anyway) custom orders the past few weeks that I haven't had time to play. But all of...