Friday, June 5, 2015

Time Flies

It has come to my attention that I have neglected my blog! It's been over 4 months since I've been here. So, I've decided that the next few posts will highlight what I've been up to so far this year.

So, first up....
Back in January I was contacted by Polyform.... you know, the makers of Sculpey products,,,,, to do a project for them. I was ecstatic and of course I said YES! The project was to be a mosaic vase, it had to be my own original design and I had to use Sculpey III. Now, I haven't used Sculpey III in years. (I'm a Premo! gal myself.) I had forgotten just how soft this clay is straight out of the package. It's a great clay for young beginners or for anyone who has a hard time conditioning firmer clays. This project doesn't require any difficult techniques, just simple marbling and cutting. I love that you can use your own imagination with the designs to create a piece that is as unique as you are!

This is what I came up with!

Side 1

Side2

Side 3

Side 4
It was really fun planning and creating. Here's the link for all the details so you can make one of your very own!  http://www.sculpey.com/project/sculpey-iii-mosaic-vase/

I hope you give it a try. It would be a great summer project for the kids. Happy claying!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Embossing Folders and Polymer Clay Buttons

I have been so busy with some big (well, big for me anyway) custom orders the past few weeks that I haven't had time to play. But all of...