Thursday, August 15, 2013

What's on my work table

Let me just start by saying.....4 months? Have I really ignored my blog for that long?

Well, I am back (for now) and thought I would share what I'm working on today.

A custom order light switch plate cover!

And the recipient has no idea! Yeah, her husband asked me to make this for his wife. Need I say more?  I mean, he has given me no direction on where to go with this except that it needed to be for a single light switch and he wants dragonflies! Yeah, that's it! No color scheme, no nothing else!  So, I'm just following my creative instinct and havin' fun!

Kinda messy picking out colors to use.

Is 3 dragonflies too many? It needs more flowers!

I think I'm likin' it though.
Of course, this is just the preliminary stages. Things were quickly made and placed on, that's just the way I work.  I can't envision the finished product in my head without first laying it all out. I'll get it all fine tuned before curing.

Well, that's it for now. I'm going back to work on this some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embossing Folders and Polymer Clay Buttons

I have been so busy with some big (well, big for me anyway) custom orders the past few weeks that I haven't had time to play. But all of...