Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Craft Space

Today I thought I would share some pictures of my studio, aka my dining room. If you read my 'about me' then you know a little of my background; my genetic disposition to create. And if you looked at my Flickr photos or my Etsy shop, then you know what I create. So since you know the why and the what, I'm going to show you where this creativity takes place.  


This first picture is my dining room table.  As you can probably tell very little dining takes place here.  That chair in the bottom left corner, that's where you can usually find me sitting.


Now, you may be asking yourself, what's in all of those containers.  And I will tell you, that is my polymer clay.  It is sorted, for the most part, by color.  Keeping it covered is a must since I share my house with 3 cats and a dog.  I have a shoe box of acrylic paints here, which a rarely use. And the box towards the upper right hand side, with the white lid, well that holds my polymer clay canes.

These trays contain random polymer beads that I have made. And yes that is a caulk gun there on the left.  I use it to help extrude clay through my clay gun. It saves my hands from pushing stiff clay through tiny little holes.  Maybe I'll post a picture of that at a later date.

Now this, this is where I hoard my trash!  Just kidding. These are all projects in the making.  It may look like empty bottles and burnt out light bulbs now, but one day this will all be works of art.  Trust me, I have plans!

This is my clay dedicated oven. It sits right behind my chair.  This is were I cure most of my beads and things.  If it won't fit in here then I use my regular oven, but that's not very often.  This piece of furniture was actually a hostess stand in my husband's restaurant.  Instead of throwing it out, he brought it home to me.  And it has turned out to be a very functional piece.  I store my already made, waiting to be bought items in the cabinet along with some other things that I need occasionally.  So that's the end of the tour.  Maybe one day I will have my very own studio.  And then my dining room will be just that, my dining room.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I generally craft on the coffee table in the living room or at the dining room table. I don't like being sequestered away, although that may change later. :)

    Katie =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you "hoard trash"! I have a similar collection with all sorts of ideas and plans on how to use the treasures I find!
    I lack a dedicated craft space, too. Our kitchen table is where I work and my supplies are stored in our bedroom on and around the table I use for craft shows! It is not ideal but works for now! I dream of a studio with long tables for scarf making, a nice deep sink for wet felting and shelves and bins full of fibery goodness...:)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Embossing Folders and Polymer Clay Buttons

I have been so busy with some big (well, big for me anyway) custom orders the past few weeks that I haven't had time to play. But all of...