Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Breath Easy...ahhhhh

It's that time of year again. And no, I'm not talking about the upcoming Holidays. I mean it's cold and flu season. As I sit here typing this I am all snuffly and snotty. Gross, right?

And you know how some cough drops open up your sinuses? What is it about them that helps relieve your breathing when it feels like you have cotton balls shoved up your nose?  Eucalyptus! Well, I turned to the all knowing Google and found this out about eucalyptus:  Eucalyptus steam inhalation is recommended by some alternative practitioners for relieving nasal congestion and sinus congestion, usually from colds and flu. It can be done two to four times a day to relieve symptoms. If you're not able to do this, a steamy shower, vaporizer, or facial sauna is an alternative. (source: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/1/a/Eucalyptus.htm)

I don't know about you but I want something a little more practical than holding my head over a steaming hot bowl of eucalyptus infused water four times a day.  So this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to place an order with Shannon from A Moment in Paradise. You see, she offers these aroma beads scented with eucalyptus oil.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/114143965/aroma-bead-sachet-air-fresheners



I have ordered from this shop in the past and I know I will be just as satisfied with these aroma beads as I have been with all of my other purchases.  I'm even thinking about asking her to make me some candle melts with this scent.  I can just imagine my whole house smelling of eucalyptus. I may never be stuffy again! Now I'm not claiming that this will cure you of your cold or sinus troubles but it sure beats the taste of those nasty cough drops!

So head on over to A Moment in Paradise. Shannon is a great gal to do business with. And tell her I sent ya!






2 comments:

  1. Yes, the eucalyptus can be put in wax as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, I'm putting in my order!

      Delete